The best way to beat the summer heat is with a spicy low-calorie cocktail. Today I bring you my favorite skinny spicy Margarita recipe that is gluten-free, and low on sugar – a perfect drink for vegans!
After a long day at work, having a glass of cold margarita is a way to refresh in summer. However, if you are vegan, your options are very limited. There are tons of alcohol options that are vegan and can be used to concoct a refreshing low-calorie drink at home.
This margarita recipe uses tequila. Tequila is made from blue agave and is cruelty-free alcohol – a perfect choice for vegan margaritas.
A normal margarita that you will find in most bars is high in sugar. Most usually contain 16 grams of sugar per 3 oz serving. This is because classic margarita uses high-sugar alcohol with orange or fruit juices to add flavor to the drink.
Skinny spicy margarita replaces the orange liqueur with a touch of jalapeno for an extra kick of flavor. This recipe only requires a few ingredients like:
- Tequila (of choice but I recommend using Tequila Blanco)
- Jalapeno slices
- Fresh lime juice
- Orange juice
- Sea salt
- Agave syrup (adds a sweet touch to the drink)
How to Make Skinny Spicy Margarita At Home
Follow this simple Skinny Spicy Margarita Recipe to try at home during the summer.
- To make a frothy margarita, blend all the ingredients in a food processor or a high-speed blender.
- For shiny sparkling margaritas top up your margarita with 1/3 cup of sparkling water.
- If you want to reduce the sugar level, you can skip the orange juice and replace it with natural orange extract or stevia drops.
Other Drinks to Try
Here are some other summer drinks to try at home: