The classic strawberry kombucha is easy to brew at home and is perfect for flavoring your cocktails and margaritas.
I have different flavored kombuchas in my pantry as I love making cocktails and tea at home, and flavored kombuchas are perfect to make them delightful, and more flavorful. Today we are looking at classic strawberry kombucha.
When it comes to brewing kombucha, you can play with herbs and spices, but strawberry flavored is classic and very basic. If you already have a batch available, you can mix it with alcohol to make fruity cocktails at home. You can even turn it into a sauce and use as a topping for ice creams.
In order to make kombucha, you need to first have fermented kombucha at home, or you can buy it from the market.
What is Strawberry Kombucha Made of?
Strawberry kombucha only requires two basic ingredients:
- Kombucha: Kombucha to help SCOBY the mixture.
- Strawberry: Fresh or frozen strawberries to make the flavored kombucha.
Also, try lemon ginger kombucha which is packed with nutrients.
How to Make Strawberry Kombucha From Scratch?
Follow this recipe to make strawberry kombucha at home.
While strawberry kombucha is classic and is very delicious on its own. You can add more flavors to it according to your taste.
- Herbs: Basil and rosemary work well with strawberries. You can add loosely packed herbs to kombucha or you can puree it with strawberries.
- Berries: You can also blueberries or raspberries to make kombucha taste more fruity. You can either add them directly into the bottle or puree them with strawberries.
- Rose: Dried rose petals and buds add a delicate flavor to kombucha that pairs well with strawberry.
- Ginger: Add ginger to kombucha to make it more nutritious. Simply add a few pieces of sliced ginger to the bottle.
Can I Use Frozen Fruit to Make Kombucha?
Yes, you can use frozen fruit to make kombucha. You can either puree them or use them straight from the freezer.
Can You Flavor Kombucha With Jam?
Even though fresh fruit is preferred with kombucha, you can use jams or preservatives to flavor it. You can try adding jam to your brew. Add a tablespoon of jam per 16 oz kombucha bottle.
How Much Sugar do I Put in Kombucha
The golden ratio is 1 cup of sugar per gallon of kombucha. However, I recommend adding more fruit to the brew if you want it sweet, or you can try adding raw honey as well.