Chili’s baked potato soup is the perfect comfort food loads with cheddar cheese, baked potatoes, and creamy soup. If you are craving the soup, you can follow my Chili’s potato soup recipe and make it at home.
Potato soup at Chili’s is loaded with cheese and a thick soup with baked potatoes as a base. It is a popular item on the menu, especially in the fall and winter seasons. If you love baked potatoes, this recipe is a must-try as it’s very easy to make.
The best part about making it at home is that you can change the flavor according to your taste. You can even make it more cheesy by adding extra cheese or adding chicken slices on top and the possibilities are endless.
Easy Chili’s Potato Soup Recipe to Make at Home
Follow this recipe to make rich and creamy baked potato soup that is a copycat of the restaurant recipe.
What to Serve with Potato Soup?
With simple dishes, you can turn potato soup into a hearty meal. From fried chicken to grilled vegetables, here are some of the best things to serve with potato soup:
- Ham sandwich
- Honey gold chicken wings
- Grill chicken
- Garlic bread
- Dinner rolls
- BLT salad
- Tomato spinach salad
- Grilled brussels sprouts
- Sauteed kale
- Sauteed okra
Is Chili’s Baked Potato Soup Vegetarian?
No, none of the soups at Chili’s is vegan. However, if you are making the soup at home, you can substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth, butter with olive oil, and cheese with vegan cheese to make a vegetarian Chili’s baked potato soup.
How to Thicken Potato Soup?
If your Chili’s potato soup is too runny, here are a few things you can do to thicken the soup:
- Simmer: If you feel the soup is too thin, you can simmer it for 15-20 minutes to achieve the desired consistency. simmering will reduce the water content of the soup.
- Add cheese: Adding grated cheese near the end of the cooking process will thicken the soup. However, if you are adding cheese, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add slurry: Slurry can thicken soup instantly. Combine cornstarch with a little bit of water and add it to the soup towards the end. Mix well and the soup will instantly get thicker.
- Add more mashed potatoes: Increasing the amount of potatoes in the soup can also thicken it.
- Add heavy cream: Try adding heavy cream to the soup towards the end to thicken it.