If you haven’t tried them yet, I will warn you that coffee macarons will become your new obsession. Coffee macaron shells are filled with a rich mocha and espresso cream filling or dark chocolate ganache, leaving a decadent flavor after every bite.
If you are a fan of coffee, you must have tried various coffee-flavored sweets and desserts like coffee-chocolate cookies, coffee-mouse, and more. This coffee macarons recipe is a must-try.
These coffee-spiced macarons have crunchy shells and a soft center. This recipe is simple to make and you can make a batch of the macarons and store them in the refrigerator.
What are Coffee Macarons?
Coffee Macarons are coffee-flavored french macaron cookies that have a creamy mocha and espresso buttercream frosting. The rich coffee flavors combined with sweet buttercream make irresistible desserts that you won’t be able to pass on.
This flavor is a must for all coffee lovers.
How to Make Coffee Macarons?
Follow this recipe to make coffee macarons at home with a few ingredients only.
Other Recipes to Try
How to Make Chocolate Ganache Filling for Coffee Macarons
You can also fill the coffee macarons with a rich chocolate ganache as it complements the flavor of the coffee. Here’s how to make chocolate ganache filling:
- Pour 1/2 cup whipping cream into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup chocolate chips with 1 tbsp instant coffee.
- Whisk everything while the cream is still hot until you get a smooth ganache.
- Set aside to harden. Once it’s cool, you can transfer it into a piping bag.
- Make sure to sift all the dry ingredients twice to make sure there are no lumps.
- Use a piping bag to portion the batter into macaron shapes, and pipe the ganache in a perfectly round shape.
- Don’t overmix the batter as it will result in flat macarons. Gently fold the mixture.
- Allow the macarons to set in the fridge to make them more sturdy before baking.