Dutch oven monkey bread is sweet and sticky bread that is delightful and you can prepare at home or when camping outdoors.
The comforting dish is a perfect choice when you are craving something sweet, but don’t want to spend much time preparing it. It’s also a great snack as well, as you can store it in the refrigerator for weeks.
It’s called monkey bread because you can pull it apart with your hands and eat it without any forks or knives. So, there are no monkeys involved in the recipe. You can serve this sticky bread for breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner.
Even though Dutch oven monkey bread does not need any sauces, you can serve it with chocolate sauce or Nutella. It also tastes best with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How to Make Dutch Oven Monkey Bread at Home?
Follow this recipe to make Dutch oven money bread at home:
- You can use any biscuit dough you have available in the local market. I recommend using Pillsbury biscuits as it’s a preferred choice for monkey bread.
- Turn your oven in the opposite direction during baking to ensure even cooking.
- Serve this recipe with hot coffee or cold milk. You can also serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serve monkey bread with Nutella, or caramel sauce. You can also make a chocolate sauce to make a dipping.
- For breakfast, you can serve the bread with strawberry kombucha, or Jun tea.
Can you use a cake pan for monkey bread?
Yes, you can use a cake pan for monkey bread. Just make sure it’s enough to house cookie dough. Chefs recommend using a bundt pan for baking monkey bread. You can also use a loaf pan, or a tub pan because it allows hot air to circulate through the middle of the bread to ensure even baking.
How can you store monkey bread?
Monkey bread can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the fridge, or you can freeze it for up to 3 months and reheat it in the oven.