A recipe for honey gold wings combines sweet and sour flavors. It combines subtly the delightful sweetness of honey with the richer, smokier sweetness of the hot sauce or barbecue sauce that was utilized. This balances and offsets part of the spice, which goes nicely with the dish’s heat when it is there.
As honey is a very important component of your health, here is a remedy if your kids dislike sweet foods. This sweet and sour dish will be a hit with every member of your household. You may eat these honey gold wings by themselves or with a sauce as a snack.
Because many people keep an eye on their calories and weight, they avoid fried food, so I’m going to bake the honey gold wings, but I will also mention the recipe if you wish to deep fry the wings for a crunch.
What is Honey Gold Sauce Made Of?
There are many different ways to make honey gold wing sauce, but the basic one is made with butter, honey mustard, hot sauce, soy sauce, and salt/pepper. Just melt the butter in a pan, add honey and hot sauce and season with black pepper.
You can also add sesame seeds in the sauce, along with BBC sauce or Tex Mex paste for spicy and more flavorful wings.
How to Make Honey Gold Chicken Wings In the Oven?
Below is the recipe on how you can make honey gold wings in the oven. This is the healthier version as it requires 1-2 tablespoon of butter or oil.
How to Make Honey Gold Chicken Wings In the Fryer?
You can also make honey gold chicken by frying it to achieve golden crispy wings in a few minutes. You can deep fry the wings, or use an air fryer.
- 20 chicken wings
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Take a small saucepan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil, and crushed garlic until golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of honey, soy sauce, and black pepper.
- Cook the sauce for 5-10 minutes until thickens.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, ginger, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 2 eggs with water.
- Preheat the air fryer or normal fryer.
- Dip the chicken wings in egg mixture, and then flour mixture. Coat the wings well, and fry in the oil for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Toss the chicken wings while hot in the sauce and make sure the sauce is coating the wings well. Serve hot.
What goes well with honey gold wings?
You can serve honey gold wings with a variety of side dishes like: