If you are a fan of cocktails, this Paloma drink with vodka is worth a try. Paloma cocktail is very popular in Mexico and you can almost find it in all bars.
The thing about the Paloma cocktail is that it’s super easy to make and with the right ingredients you can make yourself the drink within seconds.
Paloma cocktail with vodka is light pinkish orange in color which looks absolutely amazing. The drink is sweet and sour in taste with refreshing grapefruit.
This drink is great for parties and cookouts as you can make it in large batches and serve it at big hosting events and gatherings at home. Just take a pitcher, and mix grapefruit soda, sparkling water, citrus juice, and vodka. Give it a good stir and serve on rocks.
What is Paloma?
Paloma is a Mexican sweet and sour cocktail packed with grapefruit flavor and lime. It is the most iconic summer cocktail and its name comes from la paloma which is Spanish for “the dove”.
You can either prepare the cocktail yourself or have all the ingredients at the bar and let the guests fix themselves a cocktail according to their preference. It’s quite easy as well, with a few ingredients, so your guests will enjoy that.
What are the Main Ingredients of Paloma Drink?
Paloma only includes a few basic ingredients like:
- Fresh grapefruit juice
- Lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Vodka of choice
- Club soda
- Grapefruit and lime wedges
The classic Paloma is simply a blend of alcohol and grapefruit soda. There is nothing complicated about the recipe. It is a perfect drink to go with BBQ, burgers, and any meal in general. I personally love it with a meaty meal as its so refreshing.
Paloma Drink with Vodka Recipe
- You can use club soda in place of grapefruit soda if it’s not available.
- Add 8 oz orange juice to the drink to make the drink more fruity.
- Instead of kosher salt, you can use Tajin or Chamoy to rim the glass as it’s mostly used in Mexico.
- If you are serving single drinks, make sure to pop the glasses in the refrigerator before serving the cocktail with ice.
- Feel free to substitute vodka with tequila of your choice, and the cocktail is as delicious as ever.
- Adding a pinch of salt to the drink makes it more delicious as it softens the bitterness of lime. You can use pink salt as it goes with the color of the drink.