Bored with mainstream kombucha flavors? Try out this delicious peach kombucha recipe with a hint of vanilla, juicy peaches, and the sweetness of maple syrup.
If you have peaches at home but are not sure what to make from them this recipe is a great option to store the peaches for several weeks. I didn’t want to make a peach pie so this recipe was what I decided to go with and I have been making this every year when peaches come to the market.
This peach kombucha tastes like pie, with sweet flavors of the maple syrup, and a toasty aroma of vanilla. It is a perfect way to say goodbye to summer with a sweet kombucha drink.
I like to keep this kombucha simple, but you can add more herbs for flavor. Cinnamon sticks go great with the fruitiness from the peach and vanilla taste. Pineapple peach kombucha is also very popular.
The peach kombucha recipe is great served chilled with lime slices, and mint leaves. You can also serve it with sugared peach slices. Mix your favorite alcohol with kombucha to make fruity cocktails.
What is Peach Kombucha Made Of?
Peach Kombucha or Peach Pie Kombucha is sweet, with a perfect balance of tart and peach pie deliciousness.
- Kombucha: You need kombucha from the first fermentation that you have made with SCOBY.
- Peach: You can use frozen or fresh peaches for this recipe. If you are using frozen peaches, make sure to thaw them before adding them to kombucha.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup compliments the flavor of peach and offers sweetness as well. If you are out of maple syrup, feel free to substitute it with honey.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla gives a sweet aroma to the kombucha along with a sweet aftertaste.
How to Make Peach Kombucha
Follow this recipe to make juicy peach kombucha with a hint of vanilla and maple syrup.
- You can store the kombucha in the fridge for several weeks in an air-tight container.
- If this is your first time making kombucha, I recommend using a plastic bottle as it will help you gauge when the kombucha brews to prevent bottles from exploding.
- If you don’t have vanilla extract, you can use vanilla paste or vanilla powder. It will give the kombucha a toasty flavor and aroma.
More Kombucha Flavors to Try
I love making kombucha with different fruit, as it’s a healthy flavorful drink that packs a lot of nutrients and health benefits. Here are some other flavors to try: